Adam represents clients in a range of commercial and employment disputes, including breach-of-contract actions, discrimination claims, and other matters. He regularly drafts pleadings, motions, and other correspondence, and manages discovery in federal and state civil litigation.
Adam also represents clients facing criminal and regulatory investigations. He has represented financial institutions and individuals in SEC and FINRA investigations, as well as investigations by federal, state, and local prosecutors.
Prior to joining Mintz & Gold LLP, Adam served as a law clerk to the Honorable Henry B. Pitman in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Before his clerkship, Adam was an Assistant District Attorney at the Queens District Attorney’s Office for six years. He investigated and prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases, including dozens of violent felonies, and worked jointly on cases with prosecutors in the U.S. Attorney’s Offices for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. He tried 16 cases to verdict, including twelve felony jury trials, and briefed and argued several appeals before New York’s appellate courts.
Commercial and Employment Disputes
- Defend major media companies and real estate developers against discrimination claims brought by former employees
- Represent newspaper publisher in breach-of-contract action against purchaser of advertising
- Represent seller of $40M commercial property in legal malpractice action against prior law firm
- Defended digital design and production studio in action against communications infrastructure provider
- Represented bus companies in putative class action brought by former employee
- Represented technology consultancy in breach-of-contract action against major regional bank
- Represented automobile rental companies in disputes with insurance carriers
- Defended financial services firm in discrimination action brought by former sales associate
- Represented legal recruiter in dispute with former employer over unpaid commissions and non-solicit/non-compete provisions
Criminal and Regulatory Investigations
- Represent investment advisory firm in SEC investigation into trade practices of affiliated broker-dealer
- Represent broker-dealer in SEC and FINRA investigations into fraudulent bond “flipping”
- Represent previously registered individual in FINRA arbitration against former employer’s clearing broker
- Represented former CEO in SEC investigation into investment fund specializing in subprime loans
- Represented law firm in sensitive, high-profile Grand Jury investigation
- Represented witness in federal bribery case