Andrew R. Gottesman is a partner at Mintz & Gold LLP and heads the firm’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice. Andrew enjoys a national practice which focuses on advising clients in bankruptcy and corporate restructuring on matters including debt and business restructuring, creditors’ rights, distressed asset transactions and distressed trading.
Over the course of his career, Andrew has represented debtors, secured lenders, unsecured lenders, asset purchasers, asset sellers, equity holders and has been in-house counsel at JP Morgan Chase. During the last major economic crisis, Andrew clerked for the Hon. James M. Peck in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. Prior to joining Mintz & Gold, Andrew worked in the Business Reorganization and Restructuring departments of two major law firms and ran his own successful practice.
Andrew is a graduate of St. John’s University School of Law, where he was an editor of the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Journal. Andrew regularly appears in bankruptcy courts throughout the country and has completed the American Bankruptcy Institute/St. John’s University School of Law Bankruptcy Mediation Training program.
- Represented a 20 store New York chain bakery, as debtor, in successful sale through a Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Defended aviation client in $10 million preference action in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Represented multiple debtor in possession lenders in over 20 cases across the country in the pharmaceutical, chemical, shipping and airline industries.
- Advised board members in major international shipping case.
- Represented mortgage software company in forbearance, settlement and refinance negotiations with senior lender.
- Represented major sports agency in restructuring negotiations with senior lender.
- Represented $2 billion telecom company in its Chapter 11 case in the Southern District of New York
- Represented asset purchaser in major grocery chain case in the Southern District of New York
- Represented stalking horse bidder for assets in major retail case in the Eastern District of Virginia
- Admitted to the Bar of the State of New York
- Admitted to practice in the Southern District of New York and Eastern District of New York
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bankruptcy Assistance Project