Throughout the years since joining the firm in 1994, shortly after its inception, Steven has counseled clients in a wide variety of corporate, contractual, litigation, financing and securities arbitration matters. While Steven’s practice is primarily focused on corporate matters, he is frequently involved in complex commercial litigations which require a sophisticated corporate and contract law perspective.
Steven is well experienced in all types of business transactions and routinely represents clients ranging from closely-held private companies to multinational corporations. Steven routinely advises clients with respect to the following:
- Commercial vendor agreements;
- The formation of business entities and corporate structuring;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Consulting and independent contractor agreements;
- Employment and severance arrangements;
- Licensing agreements;
- Supply and distribution arrangements;
- Services agreements;
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances;
- Financing arrangements, including asset-based lending transactions, private placements, promissory notes, guarantees, security agreements and inter-creditor agreements;
- Corporate governance; and
- Managing and resolving business disputes, including intergenerational disputes and succession planning.
Steven has closed hundreds of corporate transactions involving a wide range of businesses, including transactions involving foreign entities.
One such transaction involved a multimillion dollar sale of a U.S. entity and its Irish subsidiaries to a Danish conglomerate. Other representative transactions include the sales of businesses to private equity purchasers including negotiating associated earn-out and contingent compensation arrangements for the selling principals.
Steven has also assisted a major television news network in renegotiating and updating virtually all of its agreements with its digital service providers and in establishing contractual relationships with new service providers in a variety of fields. Steven also provides ongoing support for this client with respect to its day-to-day contractual requirements with a broad range of vendors involved in the production process.
Steven received his B.S. degree from Cornell University and his J.D. degree from the University of Buffalo School of Law, where he was a Senior Member of the Buffalo Moot Court Board. He is a member of the New York State Bar and the New York State Bar Association.