Mr. McCormick counsels the firm’s clients in a broad range of commercial disputes, often involving such complex issues as credit derivatives, securities litigation, accountant’s liability, and international arbitration. Many of his matters involve intellectual property and First Amendment issues.
Mr. McCormick has represented numerous clients in appeals before state and federal courts. Prior to joining Mintz & Gold LLP, Mr. McCormick worked for some of the leading law firms in the United States. He also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Bernard Newman in the United States Court of International Trade and the Southern District of New York.
- Represented hedge fund in complex credit derivative litigation.
- Appeared in SEC enforcement action.
- Represented customers and brokers in disputes with FINRA members.
- Represented large group of investors in litigation against hedge fund manager in Commercial Division of New York Supreme Court.
- Defended copyright litigation for major media companies.
- Represented former CEO of public company in securities litigation.
- Prosecuted breach of contract action against licensors in international arbitration.
- Represented major media company in FOIA litigation against multiple federal agencies.
- Opposed clawback claims by Madoff Bankruptcy Trustee.
- Represented newspaper in lead case under New York SLAPP law.
- Defended employee staffing agency against unfair competition and noncompete claims.
Mr. McCormick is a member of the New York City Bar Association, where he previously served as a member of the Committee to Encourage Judicial Service. He is also a member of the New York County Lawyers Association, where he currently serves as Secretary of the Civil Court Practice Section.
Mr. McCormick has also committed himself to public service and is a Small Claims Arbitrator in the Civil Court in New York County. For many years, he has also served as a board member of the Fordham Moot Court Alumni Association, for which he was given the 2013 Distinguished Alumnus Award.
While at Fordham Law School, Mr. McCormick was the Winner of the Williams Hughes Mulligan Moot Court Competition, and Regional Champion at the Phillip Jessup International Moot Court Competition and the National Moot Court Competition.