Tim represents and advises clients in a broad range of litigation and other matters, including employment and labor law cases, contract disputes, securities litigation, accounting and legal malpractice actions, copyright infringement, licensing disputes, and regulatory matters. He represents clients at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts, and before various tribunals and adjudicative bodies providing alternative dispute resolution, including the American Arbitration Association, JAMS, and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
Prior to joining Mintz & Gold, Tim was an associate in the New York office of a large international law firm. He also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Frank Maas, former Chief Magistrate Judge in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented an accounting and tax services company in dispute with former client over breach of contract and fraud and successfully dismissed the case before discovery.
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal of securities fraud class action claims filed against individual client in connection with an alleged multi-billion dollar global Ponzi scheme based on a sham cryptocurrency.
- Secured dismissal of claims against board member of Greek company in connection with alleged $300 million securities fraud.
- Represented individual clients seeking to reverse decisions of the New York State Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board.
- Successfully defended accounting firm against claim that it violated restrictive covenant contained in non-disclosure agreement.
- Defended countless employers in the hospitality and transportation industries from collective and class action lawsuits alleging minimum wage and overtime violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act and New York Labor Law.
- Advised employer clients concerning necessary revisions to employment policies to comply with changes and updates in New York Labor Law.
- Represented aviation services company defending against a preferential transfer claim in adversary proceeding in United States Bankruptcy Court.
- Prepared a subpoenaed witness for remote trial testimony in labor dispute litigated in federal court.
- Successfully represented actress in right of publicity claim against large pharmaceutical company that misappropriated her likeness for advertising purposes in violation of New York Civil Rights Law.
- Successfully defended large media conglomerate against copyright infringement action in connection with the use of artist’s photograph in a news segment.
- Served as third chair in federal jury trial prosecuting breach of contract claim against the nation’s largest independently-owned toy company.
- Successfully represented court-appointed receivers alleging accounting malpractice in audits of funds that invested in the Madoff Ponzi Scheme.
- Represented local municipality in environmental dispute with utility company.
- Represented large beauty products company in breach of contract claims against IT services company.
- Obtained partial summary judgment on behalf of technology company in its breach of contract claim against its customer.
- Defended large news company in personal injury claim and obtained favorable settlement.
- Represented large entertainment company in international arbitration concerning dispute over alleged breach of joint licensing programs for essential patents.
- Represented client in Article 78 Proceeding challenging municipal approval of shopping and entertainment center based on municipality’s alleged failure to comply with the State Environmental Quality Review Act.
- Represented client in petitioning the U.S. State Department to avoid extradition to the Cooperative Republic of Guyana.
Tim has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star since 2018. He is a graduate of Columbia Law School, where he was honored as a James Kent Scholar and Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, served as Articles Editor on the Columbia Business Law Review, was a member of the Columbia Law Mock Trial Team, and participated in the Harlan Fiske Stone Moot Court Competition. Prior to law school, he received his B.A., summa cum laude, from the University at Albany, State University of New York, and was named a recipient of the SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence. A native of the Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York, Tim graduated as Valedictorian of his high school class and was active in various community organizations, including the Boy Scouts of America, attaining the rank of Eagle Scout.
Tim is a member of the Bar of the State of New York and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.