Alex Otchy is an Associate in Mintz & Gold’s Commercial Litigation, Corporate, and Matrimonial Dispute Resolution practice groups.
Alex engages in a wide array of litigation disputes and investigative matters involving commercial contracts, complex financial instruments, executive compensation and employment, non-disclosure, non-solicitation and restrictive covenants, real estate transactions, and investigations.
Alex routinely handles all aspects of litigation, including attending court appearances and briefing and arguing motions before the New York Supreme Court and Appellate Division. Alex has also litigated disputes before the American Arbitration Association.
Prior to joining Mintz & Gold, Alex was an associate at a New Jersey law firm where he handled a diverse array of commercial litigation and matrimonial matters in New York and New Jersey. Alex clerked for the Honorable Joseph V. Isabella, Civil Division, New Jersey Superior Court.
Alex received his Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers Law School and his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and history from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Alex is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey.
- Represent Las Vegas casino in dispute over ownership and charges for HVAC plant.
- Represent individuals and entity in multi-million-dollar New York real estate transaction.
- Represent national insurance company in dispute regarding non-disclosure and non-solicitation.
- Represent thirteen individuals and entities in tax and valuation dispute with national home developer and builder.
- Represented entity and secured summary judgment against individual and entities regarding fraudulent investment scheme.
- Represent manufacturing company and executive sued for alleged promises to ex-girlfriend.
- Investigated allegations against CEO of large non-profit, alleged to have implicit bias; made diversity and inclusion recommendations.
- Represented ex-employee regarding failure to pay executive compensation following resignation from company.