Julia Milne is a partner and co-chair of Mintz & Gold’s Real Estate Department where her practice focuses on leasing. Julia has worked on a variety of commercial real estate transactions representing landlords, tenants and developers, as well as major New York cultural institutions. Her experience includes leasing (headquarters leases, other office leases, industrial leases and retail leases), acquisitions, dispositions, financings and joint ventures.
Prior to joining Mintz & Gold, Julia was an associate in the Real Estate Department of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP for 8 years. Julia received her B.A. from Columbia University in 2004 and her J.D., magna cum laude, from New York Law School in 2009 where she was a John Marshall Harlan Scholar and a Senior Editor of the New York Law School Law Review.
- Represent leading international law firm in their 160,000 square foot New York City headquarters lease
- Represent nationally recognized medical care provider in its New York City commercial leasing, including a 55,000 square foot office space in Midtown and multiple ambulatory care centers
- Represent manufacturer of essential home products in industrial leases of 110,000 square feet and over 600,000 square feet
- Represent global business enterprise in 70,000 square foot headquarters lease in Midtown
- Represent large global branded media conglomerate in its nationwide office leasing and subleasing
- Represent flexible workspace provider in office leasing and subleasing through New York City
- Represent national real estate brokerage company in commercial leasing and subleasing across the country
- Represent landlord in leasing to a national fast food chain’s first New York City full service location
- Pro Bono – Represent leading not-for-profit organizations in their lease negotiations across New York City
Julia is a member of the New York State Bar, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the Real Property Law Section and the Commercial Leasing Committee of the New York State Bar Association.
From 2015-2020, Julia was named to the New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars list. Julia was awarded the City Bar Justice Center’s 2016 Jeremy G. Epstein Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service for her work with the Immigrant Women and Children Project, which offers legal assistance to immigrant survivors of violent crimes, including domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and human trafficking.
Julia is a passionate tennis and soccer fan, and an avid tennis player who enjoys playing in local area tournaments.